The Cemetery at St. Luke's Church, Upper Gundaroo, is approximately 5 km south of Gundaroo on the eastern side of the Canberra road near the junction with the road to Bungendore. The old Church and the Cemetery are on private property and visitors should make prior arrangements with the owners.
The Cemetery was consecrated on 19 June 1858. After the burial of Davey Thompson in 1860 (no traces of his grave today) it was used only for members of the Church of England.
The grounds have not been maintained for many years. Many of the headstones are fallen and broken, and there is evidence of many gravesites with no apparent markings or identification. The last interment appears to have been in 1940.
A diagram of the area and inscriptions on the headstones may be found in the following links:
Please address requests for photographs/images,
and send comments or queries, to Graeme Challinor
Post Office Gundaroo, NSW 2620, Australia
Phone 02 62368166